Information Automatically Collected
Personal Information Collected when You Visit our Sites and Interact with Us
Information You Provide:
We collect information you provide us, such as:
- Account Information: If you create an account on any of our Sites or Services (a “User Account”), you may submit personal information such as your full name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, postal code, gender, and birth date.
- Public Content: The information that you contribute or post on our Sites or Services (“Public Content”) is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, posts, events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and User Account name and profile photo.
- Transactional Information - Orders: If you initiate a transaction through any of our Sites or Services with a participating vendor (“Retailer”) you may submit to us personal information such as your name, date of birth, telephone number, license plate number (if you use curbside pickup), payment card information (such as a credit card number, expiry date and security code) billing address, shipping address, delivery address and e-mail address. This can include order history. Additionally, some users may submit photographs of themselves or signatures in order to process an order.
- Marketing Research. TRIMD collects information about you if you consent to participate in any of TRIMD’s marketing research programs. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income, promotional awareness, interests, and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences. We use this information to track trends and issues, and to improve our products and services.
- Contests and Promotions. TRIMD collects information about you if you participate in any of TRIMD’s contests or promotions. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth, as well as optional information, such as gender, income, promotional awareness, interests, and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences. We use this information to administer the contest or promotion, to analyze the success of our promotions and to develop new promotions.
Information Created When You Use Our Websites and Services:
- Transactional Information: If you initiate a transaction with a Retailer through any of our Sites or Services, in addition to the information you provide us directly, we also automatically collect certain information, such as the date and time the transaction was initiated, the products purchased and any transaction status changes.
- Location Information: We collect information about your precise or approximate geographic location with your consent. We may collect this information from your mobile device if you have enabled such functionality. We may also collect your approximate location using your IP address, cookies or other web technologies, or other information we have collected, from which we can infer your location.
- Other Browsing and Device Information: We automatically collect information about you when you use the Sites and Services. In addition to transactional and location information described above, the information we automatically collect includes log data and device information including browser type, domain name, the website that led you to our Sites, the website to which you go after leaving our Sites, the dates and times you access our Sites, device ID, and browsing activities within our Sites or Services (e.g., links you click, searches you run, the date and time of your visit or order, the amount of time you spend on specific pages, the businesses you call, e-mail, or chat using our Sites or Services, including our mobile applications, and the orders and purchases you make through our Sites or Services). We may collect certain information with the help of cookies and other web technologies.
Information Collected from Other Sources:
- Retailers: If you initiate a transaction with a Retailer through any of our Sites or Services, the Retailer or its service provider will share personal information with us in order to process and fulfill the transaction, administer any loyalty program that we may offer and comply with applicable law.
- Third Party Sources: If you create a User Account using a third-party log-in service (such as Facebook, Google or Apple), the provider of the third-party log-in service will share personal information about you such as your name and email address to enable us to create an User Account for you. We may collect personal information from other third party sources with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We use personal information to provide Services to you and enable us to respond to your requests. In addition to the purposes described above, the personal information that we collect may be used to:
- Contact and correspond with you regarding the Site, Services, products, or information
- Create your User Account
- Confirm your identity
- Verify your age
- Process your cannabis reservations to be picked-up
- Authorize charges and manage billings related to our Services
- Improve TRIMD offerings and marketing, to enhance the consumer experience and to assess strategic initiatives
- Confirm eligibility for and administer contests and promotions and to award prizes
- Contact you for marketing purposes
- Respond to your inquiries, complaints, or requests and provide support
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements and for audit purposes
- Improve, upgrade, and enhance our Sites and Services
- Analyze system administration, debug and identify repairs, and back up our systems to allow for disaster recovery
- Carry out any specific purposes for which we have obtained your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law
How We Share Your Information
- We may share your personal information at your direction, including with third parties such as Retailers to fulfill orders or requests you place through our Sites. Similarly, if you participate in one of our campaigns, such as a referral campaign, you may direct us to share your information as contemplated in that campaign.
- We may share your information with service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing and promotional features, identification verification, product listings, and brand management. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. As a result, your personal information may be processed and stored outside of Canada.
- We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, including with the general public in our marketing materials and in our discussions with third parties such as advertisers, brand managers, and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on advertisements or certain products available in the Sites or Services, or the general characteristics of such users.
- We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender, your devices, and your use of the Sites and Services) with Retailers when you place orders via any of our Sites or Services, including for the avoidance of doubt via any embedded order functionality on third party websites.
- We may disclose personal information where permitted or required by law, including as required by foreign laws applicable to us or our service providers.
Links To Other Websites
The Sites may contain links to other non-TRIMD websites. TRIMD is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit.
Security Safeguards and Retention
The file containing your personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and will be accessible by authorized employees, representatives, and agents as necessary for the purposes described in this Policy.
TRIMD understands the importance of protecting your personal information. TRIMD takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized use, access, alteration, disclosure, loss or destruction. However, you should be aware that the Internet is not perfectly secure. You understand that you are providing such information to TRIMD at your own risk.
TRIMD retains your personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above, subject to any legal, auditing or account obligations TRIMD is required to meet.
Accessing Information and Keeping it Accurate
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. With some exceptions prescribed by law, you have the right to access, verify or challenge the accuracy of the information we have about you and have it amended if appropriate. You can help us keep personal information up-to-date by keeping us informed of any changes, such as a change of email address. If you would like to access or update the personal information in your customer record or withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or if you have any inquiries, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer as listed in the Contact Information section below.
When you request that your name be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all your personal information due to technical and legal constraints, including stored back-up systems.
We may make changes to this Policy at any time. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any material changes to this Policy, including by updating the Effective Date noted above. We encourage you to review our Policy frequently.
Please contact our Chief Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures with respect to personal information, to request access to or correction of your personal information or to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information, or if you have any unresolved inquiries or concerns.
Chief Privacy Officer – TRIMD